Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BLT Dip

Here's another great little appetizer that is so easy to do. I love this stuff, and have been known to even serve it for breakfasts and brunches. I've made it every Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve since I found this recipe!

1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 jar bacon pieces
1 can petite diced tomatoes or 1 diced fresh tomato, both seeded and drained
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder

Mix the sour cream and mayo together until well blended, then stir in the bacon, tomatoes and seasonings. Stir well, then put in a serving bowl and refrigerate until serving. I don't know why it's called BLT, because there is actually no L, but you could certainly shred some lettuce and sprinkle in...that would be good!

Serve with club crackers or chunks of French bread! Good stuff!

Next Post: Pumpkin Cobbler-oh, yeah, baby!

2 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Sounds really yummy. I may do it the night before Thanksgiving as we usually just do snacks for dinner becasue there's too many other things to prep for.

Shakerwood said...

That's a great idea, Leann. This is our first Thanksgiving at home in a long time and I was trying to figure out what to do for Wednesday night! Cathy, I'll be trying all these recipes next weekend.