Friday, October 17, 2008

Scarecrow re-do!

Did you notice the new header picture? I don't really like the way it doesn't completely fit the space, but I'll work on that when I have more time! But isn't he the cutest scarecrow you've seen today?

I picked him up at a yard sale for...are you ready for this? $5! Honestly! $5!

Here he is before I took a Sharpie marker to him:



And here he is after! I'd planned to completely repaint him, and I may still, but not this year. I have too much other stuff to do. I am going to make him a cute little vintage looking banner to hold for the Boo!Bash2, and then he'll have some pumpkins and hay to keep him company for Thanksgiving and the rest of fall. I just love him!


I think we'll call him Henry. He looks like a Henry to me...look for Henry again soon!

1 comment:

starflake said...

In case it could be helpful, I edited your photo of Henry a bit (cropped, removed/blurred the date, and added a border to a suitable size to would match your other blogs), seen here:

Henry the Noble Scarecrow

Just a rough, amateur job, but I hope it's something like you hoped.