Tuesday, October 14, 2008

In the mood!



I am in the mood for Thanksgiving! Now that I've got Halloween under control (she said sarcastically), I'm anxious for my favorite holiday of all...Thanksgiving! Several sitcoms have had Thanksgiving episodes on lately, and it really makes me ready for it!


I love Thanksgiving. I used to always use the Friday after as the day I started decorating for Christmas. However, several years ago after Lynn's grandfather passed away, I inherited Thanksgiving dinner for his side of the family. Since most of us have other obigations on the actual Turkey Day, we decided to make the Saturday after our Thanksgiving Dinner day. That meant that I wouldn't decorate for Christmas until we were done with all the Thanksgiving festivities. For all my holiday goofiness, I am a bit of a purist...I like my holidays one at a time! So, that first year it was difficult, because I was itching to decorate for the holidays. But as the years have gone by, I've embraced Thanksgiving weekend as just that....a whole weekend to celebrate with family and friends and, most importantly, thank God for our blessings.

An added bonus is that I can usually get most of my dinner supplies on sale the day after Thanksgiving!!


So, don't be looking for colored lights and HO HO himself at our house until at least the Monday after Thanksgiving..he'll be too busy eating turkey and dressing and pumpkin pie!


Hope you have a wonderful fall!


Cathy

No comments: