Monday, November 2, 2009

Counting down to Turkey Day!

Can you believe it's only 24 days until Thanksgiving? Just three weeks. Three. Short. Weeks. I have a lot to do before Lynn's family joins us for Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday before Thanksgiving...confused? Because almost everyone in the family has "another side" where they celebrate on Thanksgiving Day, we decided to move our celebration to the Saturday after Thanksgiving. However, this year I have some time issues with that weekend, so we're having everyone over on the Saturday before Turkey Day this year. Clearer?

I am planning, weather permitting, on serving dessert on our back porch. Below are some before pictures...before we screened in the porch. I had removed all the "stuff" to powerwash it when these pictures were made.


And another before...see the lovely tiller on the porch? Yeah, it had to find a new home.

And here's some afters...it actually looks a lot better now..I've added some things, but I haven't taken any new photos. However, once I get it decorated for Thanksgiving dessert, I'll take some new pictures and share them with you. But in the meantime...
Here's my yard sale vintage wrought iron furniture...75 bucks for the entire set, including the glass topped table. I bought the new cushions this spring...


This rattan settee was salvaged from a trash pile on the side of the road. Lynn has since cut a board for the broken seat and I've added a cushy solid black seat cushion...custom made by my personal seamstress, also known as "Mom".

This basket started life as a blue flea market find...now it's an antique white fleece throw holder!

I am planning on painting the green furniture antique white as well...but that's a project for another year...hopefully next spring. In the meantime, they sit quite well.
What would you like to have for dessert after Thanksgiving dinner? Pumpkin pie? Pecan pie? How about Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cake and a cup of coffee? Mmmhmmm...sounds good to me!
I'll be back later to tell you about my "honey-do" list for my honey to do, and some chores for myself as well...also coming up in the next few days: The Menu!!
Thankfully,
Cathy




No comments: