Monday, May 12, 2008

Turkey Day project and challenge!

The gratitude journals are going well. We made the covers last week and made our first journal entries this week for Mother's Day. They are doing great jobs.

I have decided on my Turkey Day project. I am going to hand stamp plates for serving Thanksgiving dinner. I'll be searching out solid autumn colored plates at dollar stores and flea markets, then using glass paint and rubber stamps to embellish them, then sealing them to make them usable for food. I have a book that gives detailed directions. If anyone is interested, just leave me a message and I'll post the instructions. Also, when I get one finished, I'll post a picture. I am pretty sure that Fred's has the solid colored plates for a dollar or so each...I am so excited about this! I'm thinking that I might do napkins to match, since I found out that Sam's carries fabric napkins cheap!!

Now for a little challenge:

Decide on a project for Thanksgiving-a crafty project, a food project, a centerpiece, whatever...and get it done or at least started! Only 6 months to go!!

For a small amount of inspiration, here's the wreath I have on my back kitchen door...I use it all year round, but in the fall I add the pumpkins and leaves!





Who's up for it?

2 comments:

Pippi said...

Please-Please-PLEASE post how-to's on "sealing" painted plates, making them safe to eat from.
Thanks,
Pippi

Unknown said...

Cathy,

Could you tell me the name of the book you are using for directions on stamping Thanksgiving plates or the instructions?

Thanks,
Sheri