Sunday, April 13, 2008

New dessert

I made a new dessert last night, and it was good. It'll definately be going on the menu for holidays, including Thanksgiving. It is actually not a new recipe, just newe to me. It's 4 Layer Chocolate Delight, and Lynn's mother used to make it. It's so good, and it can be tweaked in a number of ways...my Bunco friend Debbie made it with strawberries...I'm thinking it would be yummy with bananas and vanilla pudding. Here's the basic recipe! Oohh...think how good it would be done with pumpkin instead of pudding...or maybe like a pumpkin mousse...hmmm...


4 Layer Chocolate Delight

1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup melted margarine or butter
2 tablespoons sugar

Mix all together and press into a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let cool, then

Mix together:
1 package softned cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip

Spread over the crust, then

Mix together
1 large (family sized) box instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk (I used chocolate milk...double yummy)
1 cup cool whip

Spread over the cream cheese mixture, then spread another cup or so of cool whip over the entire dessert. Let chill for a few minutes, if you can bear to wait. If not, eat it a little soft. Either way, it's good!

I'm going to experiment with the recipe between now and Thanksgiving and see what else I can come up with.

Later!
Cathy

2 comments:

BloggyMom said...

My mom makes something similar--- very rich, very yummy!!

Cathy Miller said...

Yes, it is rich...but it is yummy! Thanks for dropping by!