Monday, April 7, 2008

Gratitude Journal



This is a picture from last fall of some ornaments I made for the fall tree. I am going to make some this year and fill them with candy for take-home favors. What do you think? I'm also thinking about filling them with small lists of things we're thankful for...not sure how that will play out just yet! That's the great thing about starting 7 months early...you can tweak things like you want them!


On her Turkey Day Journal, Ginger mentioned a Gratitude Journal. This is something else cooked up over at Magical Holiday Home...I'm telling you, these girls are fabulous at coming up with cool stuff.

I haven't been as faithful as I should with a gratitude journal, but I'm going to start one. It's simply a list of things you are thankful for. I remember BBJ (before Benjie and Jonah), when Jacob was little, every night Lynn and I would sit on his bed at bedtime and each one of us would have to mention 3 things that we were thankful for that day...and no copying! It was amazing how you start paying attention to things to be grateful for to report in that night! I don't know why we stopped doing it...life got in the way, I guess, not to mention two babies, but I want to start doing it again. Jonah has to journal every Thursday night for school, so I'm giving him prompts to write about what he's grateful for. Also, I'm thinking I'm going to start this in my Sunday School class...I'll get each one of them-there's only about 5 on a big day-their own little journal ($1 shop has some cute ones) and make it a monthly lesson to write in them. I just came up with that idea, but I'm liking it!!

My Turkey Day challenge for April:

*purchase journals for me, the boys and my class to start Gratitude Journals
*resume listing 3 things we're thankful for every night-maybe around the dinner table

What about you? Are you grateful enough? Are any of us?

1 comment:

Ginger said...

A Thanksgiving Cracker....you come up with the best stuff..I need to make some for Thanksgiving 2008...great idea!!! Last year I made everyone wirtie in the Thanksgiving journal...they grumbled but they each made an entry