Monday, August 4, 2008

Yearning for Fall!

At this time of year, I'm always more than ready for fall. We've had several straight days of 100+ degree heat and I'm tired of it! I want cool mornings, warm days and crisp, cool nights...I want a fire in the firepit (which we can have way before a fire in the fireplace!), snuggly socks on my feet, the red, gold and oranges of fall foliage and the holidays looming ahead!

I am ready for sweater weather and football, for pumpkins and gourds, for pots of mums and Yankee Candles in yummy scents. I want school to start, and a routine to get established. I want to start planning my Thanksgiving table, and not sweat when I think about it! I want the flies and mosquitos to go away...but not the fireflies!

I want fall!! But, as we all know, God promised us that everything has a season and a purpose...I'm sure summer is no exception. Perhaps it's purpose is to make us grateful for fall!

Thankfully,
Cathy

2 comments:

Becki said...

Preach on Sister. You brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms just thinking of all those wonderful things.

I had just at Supper tonight told Doug how refreshing it felt to look at the new LLBean Catalog that I got today and see the Fall scenes and warm snuggly clothes! I can almost feel it! I'm so ready!

starflake said...

Ditto! It's a scorcher of a summer. I'm hoping we'll have some strong cooler seasons to balance things out. ;)