Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dinner and Gratitude

We're trying to establish a new routine at our house. Everyone has to tell one thing they are grateful for that day at the dinner table each night. So far, so good. When you have little kids-Benjie and Jonah are 6 and 7-the things they are grateful for are sometimes entertaining. I'll try to keep a list of them and report them to you periodically.

I taught a lesson on gratitude last Sunday to my 6th and 7th grade girls, and tomorrow I'll finish it. It's from Psalms 107, and we didn't even get half way through it. If you haven't read that chapter, you should. It's awesome!

I also introduced the idea of the gratitude journal to them. We'll make it the first week in May. I plan to let them decorate the covers (cardstock) and then staple them together with 8 pages in each. We'll journal 8 times this summer-twice each month in May, June, July and August. Then we'll take them apart, I'll have the covers laminated and the journals bound with plastic combs. Then they will have something they can keep and refer back to, and hopefully will continue to add to. That's the plan, anyway!

I plan to make my own journal, and to write it in every week, but especially on Turkey Day!

No comments: